Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
The purpose of the Douglas Middle School PAC is to promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of Douglas Middle School students.
Please visit and like us on Facebook (Douglas Middle School PAC), so you can be involved and informed!
As a PAC, we act as a great liaison group between administration and parents. We are able to work alongside staff in order to become informed as well as become an active member in the school community. Being a member is also a great opportunity to express appreciation for administration and staff.
As of now, the PAC meets once a month on the second Wednesday. The administration provides lunch and shares information about not only the school, but also the district. With greater interest/membership, these meetings could possibly move to the evening.
As a PAC, we need to select officers for new school year and continue with fundraisers!!!
- BoxTops for Education-quarterly collection with Homeroom contest. Pizza Party for winning Homeroom
- DMS Sports Concessions
- Occasional DMS Apparel Sales
Ways we "enhance joy and well-being":
- Purchased a hydration station for main hallway at DMS
- Staff dinner during P/T conferences (Fall and Spring)
- Staff lunch (contribute $$ toward) for transportation department
- Help with special individual student needs as they arise (timely purchase of student glasses for testing, shoes needed for a particular sport)
- Donated to To Good For Drugs program
- Donated to 8th grade celebration
- Purchased books during Book Fair for library or staff